Stories to Celebrate from YL Middle East
Hello Friends! Greetings from the hot, dry Holy Land! As temperatures keep rising on the outside, inside our hearts are burning with joy and elation at all the Lord is doing as we move forward through our summer camps. To date, more than 450 kids and leaders have had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, be loved on by courageous leaders and encounter the living Savior here in the Holy Land this summer. And we still have a long way to go! We hope you will be blessed by the short update below…and, as always, we can not possibly say “thank you” enough for all the ways you bless the ministry of YL here in Israel and Palestine.
-Hunter & Lauri
- More than 200 special needs kids and young adults have attended our Capernaum camps this summer…the vast majority from Muslim background families, and more than half of this number said yes!, they want to be in a relationship with Jesus!
- As the result of summer camps, we are hoping to begin YL in two new communities in the fall; a village called Aboud and the oldest city on earth, Jericho! (We had kids and leaders from these two areas join us at camps recently)
- More than 100 Americans are serving and supporting our summer camps this year through the YL Expeditions program…these folks also provided a significant amount of camp scholarship funds so that kids can go to camp!
- Wael, one of our amazing indigenous staff, finished his first assignment as a camp speaker…and did a marvelous job sharing the Gospel.
- At present, we have another 300+ kids signed up for our remaining summer camps….please, please pray for these camps and campers; our big Jewish-background camp (July 11-15), our Palestinian Family camp (July 18-20) and our Nazareth/Ibillin village, Israel summer camp (August 21-24). Pray for kids hearts and minds to be open and receptive to the news of Jesus’ great love for them.